BREAKFAST & LUNCH
* ELEMENTS - Great, fresh breakfast with homemade breads and more. Plus, you can do yoga here.
* M & J’s LA CAZUELA - La Cazuela overlooks the Caribbean with front and back patios as well as indoor seating. Don’t miss this one and order a cazuela! Breakfast & Lunch. Av. Bravo - next to the hotel Roca Mar.
* MESON DE BUCANEROS - Pancakes, fruit and yogurt plates and many Mexican egg specialties… and great lattes plus a brunch buffet some days! Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Av. Hidalgo - across from Pizza Rolandi’s.
* PICUS Cocteleria - Ceviche and fish. Ave. Rueda Medina.
* ZAMA BEACH CLUB - Open-air restaurant on Sac Bajo with a beach, pools and a view of Cancun across the bay. Lunch and Dinner. Sac Bajo.
* CAFÉ CITE - continental breakfasts. Avenida Matamoros.
* MIRADA BEACH CLUB - Good food, good view. Secluded beach. Located on the road to Garrafon south of Palace Resorts.
CAFES, SNACKS AND PIZZA
* ALUXES - specializes in coffee, teas and desserts. Av. Matamoros.
* AQUI ESTOY - Pizza by the slice. Just across from Cosmic Cosas book store and next to Aluxes. Av. Matamoros.
* MANANA - A “baguetteria” with sandwiches, fruit cocktails and fruit juices. Located at the corner of Matamoros and Guerrero.
* Rosticeria La Mexicana - Roasted and grilled chickens served with rice, beans tortillas and salsa. Have it delivered or take it to go! Opens at 11 AM. Lunch.
* KASH KEKEN CHUC - BBQ Chicken, Pork and Beef Ribs to go, so good! Rue Medina. S in the 1st Colonia.
* BAGUI VALITAS - Great little place down from Olivias towards the bay. They have a ton of different baguettes, grilled and excellent to bring back for lunch by the pool!
FINE DINING/ ROMANTIC DINNERS
* CASA O’s - Fine food and a beautiful, romantic atmosphere at this open air palapa restaurant. Located at the south end of the island, on the road to Garrafon. Watch for the sign on the road and turn right down the hill. Expensive. Open daily at 1 PM. We love the view!
* CASA ROLANDI’S - Gourmet Italian cuisine. Excellent food and service. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner. Located on Sac Bajo between the Turtle Farm and Dolphin Discovery. Expensive.
* ALMAR LOUNGE - CASA LOS SUENOS - Asian inspired food in an Incredible secluded, romantic setting. Behind Casa de Los Suenos on the road to Garrafon, one door south of Casa O’s. Moderately Expensive.
* EL VERADERO RESTAURANTE - in the first colonia by the boat yards. The wife is from Cuba and makes a mean mojito. We recommend the Pescado en Sal but you need to tell them the day before and make reservations. It is an amazing presentation.
DINNER AND PEOPLE WATCHING/COCKTAILS
* ANGELO’S - Excellent salads, pasta, pizza and garlic bread at reasonable prices. Moderate. Av. Hidalgo.
* OLIVIA - What a find! You simply must have a dining experience here. Fantastic Greek appetizers and Salads with Feta and gourmet olives, and so many wonderful offerings. Ave. Matamoros.
* BISTRO FRANCAIS - The Bistro is a charming restaurant with reasonable prices and a colorful ambiance. Breakfast and Dinner. Moderate. Av. Matamoros.
* PIZZA ROLANDI’S - Famous for their pizzas and garlic bread cooked in a wood burning oven, Pizza Rolandi’s has long been a favorite of visitors to the island. The pescado en sal is a specialty (baked fish encrusted in salt). Lunch and Dinner. Moderate. Av. Hidalgo.
* COMONO - Trendy and hip mediterranian cuisine and wine. Super salads! Dinner. Friday nights there is music. Great service. Avenue Hidalgo.
* BAMBOO - Eclectic menu and great setting across from Angelos on Avenue Hildago. Dinner, moderately expensive.
* SANCOCHOS - Casual dining lunch and dinner. Great place to watch games, happy hour most of the day. Inexpensive.
* JAX - A lively bar and a great place to watch the sunset. Known for their hamburgers and fish tacos! Great place to watch sports. Lunch and Dinner. At the end of Av. Rueda Medina. If interested in fishing, Mike runs fishing trips, Jackie runs the restaurant. Inexpensive.
* ZAZIL-HA - This is three separate restaurant/bars. The beach palapa, the snack bar and a full restaurant. Superb atmosphere and excellent service at relatively moderate prices. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and a good Happy Hour spot. At Na Balam Hotel at the east end on Playa Norte.
* SUNSET GRILL - Located on Playa Norte next to Nautibeach Condos, this restaurant has a wonderful atmosphere and good food at reasonable prices. Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner. Playa Norte.
* MININO’S - Cocteleria, ceviche, whole fish, grilled or fried and wonderful mojitos grandes. Ave. Rueda Medina, on the waterside, the next to last restaurant on the beachside.
BEACH BARS AND CLUBS
* BUHO’S - Located on Playa Norte in front of Cabañas Maria del Mar, this restaurant/bar is known as the “Swing Bar”. A great place to enjoy happy hour!
* KOKONUTS - A popular night time spot for both tourist and locals. Av. Hidalgo Plaza Isla Mujeres.
* FAYNES - Another popular night spot.
* OM BAR and CHILL LOUNGE - A unique bar with beer on tap at each table, wines and jazz. Calle Matamoros.